Muscle-Building Shamrock Protein Shake
You may need some “luck of the Irish” if you plan to indulge in green beer or other treats this St. Patrick’s Day. But here’s a Shamrock Shake that’s full of protein that won’t have your liver in overdrive trying to filter out green food colouring or additives. It’ll build muscle, help burn fat, and can be used as a meal-replacement nutritional strategy.
Shakes (aside from specific pre and post-workout shakes) should contain quality protein, vegetables and some good fat.
The Shamrock Protein Shake gets its flavour from vanilla and fresh mint, with a bit of pear for added sweetness. Give it a try!
Shamrock Shake for St Patrick’s Day
- 3/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 c strongly brewed green tea (chilled)
- 2 scoops vanilla NZ protein powder (Probiotic Whey)
- 1 t Schinoussa Sea Vegetables
- few drops of vanilla
- generous handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 ripe pear, cored and quartered
- 5 T raw pistachios, pre-chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 c ice cubes
Prepare the green tea and chill. Chop the pistachios or use a coffee grinder until they are coarse in texture. Combine the ingredients into a large blender. If using a standard blender, add ice one cube at a time and process for 1-2 minutes.
Try it out and please “like” or “share” this video with friends!